Aims and Objectives
Decommissioning North Sea oil and gas facilities is projected to cost between £30 - 35 bn between 2010 and 2040.
Decommissioning is a relatively new business in the North Sea and so operators and contractors need to work together in partnership to promote knowledge transfer and minimise risk.
We are building relationships and facing challenges together.
Decom North Sea is:
- Encouraging a vibrant, competent and competitive North Sea decommissioning supply chain
- Promoting the expertise and technology of the supply chain
- Anticipating, analysing and understanding future decommissioning activities
- Facilitating close co-operation and encouraging collaboration and innovation between North Sea operators and the supply chain
- Working with the industry, Government organisations and other trade associations to formulate effective contracting strategies for the forthcoming decommissioning programme in the North Sea
- Promoting the concept of grouping offshore assets into larger decommissioning programmes, thus creating a stronger case for investment by the supply chain and efficient use of major high cost equipment