Terms and Conditions
1. Member subscriptions fees are quoted exclusive of VAT and are payable annually in advance. For the avoidance of doubt, any reference to "Member" herein refers to members, associate members, founding members and any other form of member that may be admitted from time to time.
2. Applications for Membership of Decom North Sea will be subject to approval by the Board of Directors or other such Membership group as the Board approves. Decom North Sea reserves the right to refuse Membership to any applicant and is not obliged to disclose the reasons for refusal.
3. Decom North Sea reserves the right to modify or alter the Membership fees and benefit structure at any time. The receipt of a completed Membership application form does not constitute a formal offer or contract of Membership, until such application is approved by the Board of Directors.
4. Organisation size is based upon the number of employees. Where an organisation is a wholly owned subsidiary or part of a group of companies, the organisation size is taken as the total employee numbers for the group. The category of sole trader is available only to those organisations recognised legally as a sole trader.
5. Where a Member changes category by nature of size during any annual Membership period, that Member will be required to change its Membership status only at the beginning of the next annual Membership period.
6. Decom North Sea reserves the right to refuse renewal of Membership at any time to a Member who:
* fails to pay by the required time any fees due, either for annual subscription or for any event, publication or other service provided by Decom North Sea; and/or
* misrepresents Decom North Sea, brings Decom North Sea into disrepute or acts in any manner deemed inappropriate by the Decom North Sea Board of Directors.
7. Joining Decom North Sea as a Member does not imply endorsement of any kind by Decom North Sea. Members may not at any time use Decom North Sea Membership in promotional activities or to endorse any activity or product without prior written consent.
8. By joining Decom North Sea as a Member, the Member agrees to grant a guarantee to pay the sum of £1 in respect of any outstanding obligations of Decom North Sea on the winding up or dissolution of Decom North Sea, such sum to be due and payable on winding up or dissolution.
9. As Decom North Sea is based on consensus from all Members, Decom North Sea does not guarantee to represent the individual interests of any company or organisation at any time.
10. The Members' benefits as set out in the application form are indicative only and Decom North Sea does not guarantee to provide all benefits at all times and reserves the right to change the benefit structure from time to time as decided by the Board of Directors.
11. The Membership year shall run from 1 April through to 31 March the following calendar year and Members will be charged a full year's Membership should the date of their application fall within April, May or June of any calendar year. Where Members apply to subscribe to Decom North Sea after 30 June in any calendar year they will be required to pay Membership fees on a pro-rata basis for the duration of Membership calendar year and payment should be enclosed with the Membership application form. Decom North Sea reserves the right to amend the Membership year and to amend application procedures at any time.
12. Members will be invoiced annually for Membership of Decom North Sea. If a Member does not wish to renew their subscription for the relevant year then they will be required to advise Decom North Sea of this in writing within 28 days of the annual subscription invoice being sent to the Member, failing which they will be obliged to pay the annual subscription fee in accordance with Condition 13. Where Membership is taken on a pro-rata basis the applicant will be required at the date of application to make payment by cheque for the months remaining until the renewal date in accordance with Condition 11 above.
13. Payment of the annual subscription fee must be received within 28 days of the invoice being sent to the Member. If payment is not received within this timescale the full annual subscription will still be due but all Member benefits will be terminated until payment is made in full. If payment is subsequently made then there will be no extension of Member benefits to cover the period during which Member benefits were terminated. Where Membership is taken on a pro-rata basis and payment is not enclosed with the Membership application form in accordance with Condition 11 above, the application form will be returned to the applicant. Decom North Sea will only consider the application if payment is made on re-submission of the application form.
14. Members will also be subject to the terms of the articles of association of Decom North Sea as registered with Companies House and amended from time to time. For the avoidance of doubt where there is any conflict between these terms and conditions and the provisions of the articles of association, the articles of association will take precedence.